ELINCHROM > Zoom Action > Power Pack - Heads > Zoom Action
Made in Switzerland
Note: Images may present flash equipment with reflectors or accessories which are not part of the product sales configuration.
Elinchrom produced focusable flash heads back in the 60’s. It was time to look again at this useful feature but using today’s technology.
This head offers a microprocessor controlled, low noise fan cooling system, a new included transparent glass dome, a new user replaceable plug-in flashtube and a zoom function for the modelling lamp and flashtube, to obtain unique results when used with reflectors or a wide and even light distribution with Rotalux softboxes. The zoom function is accessible from both sides of the head housing. These heads are compatible with all power packs made by Elinchrom since 1979.
The ZOOM ACTION offers a very short flash duration for action freezing photography. The new A (Action) tube delivers a 40-45% shorter flash duration compared to standard omega (horseshoe type) flashtubes. Action = Elinchrom.
- The Zoom Action offers a very short flash duration for action freezing photography. The new A (Action) tube delivers a 40-45% shorter flash duration compared to standard omega (horseshoe type) flashtubes.
- Small UV coated flashtube diameters for short flash durations and better subject control.
- Included transparent security glass dome. Optional frosted glass domes are available.
- Efficient inner dish reflector, with a 90° light distribution to maximise softbox performance.
- Zoom function for flashtube and modelling lamp for individual wider or more focused light beam when used with reflectors.
- Reflector-bayonet with breech locking ring, fits all Elinchrom reflectors since 1974. So do the huge EL-Reflector and Rotalux softbox range.
- Centered umbrella fitting with additional umbrella holder at the tilt head.
- Efficient low noise fan cooling. The fan spins slowly at low temperatures and fast when the head heats up.
- Illuminated on/off modelling lamp switch, with LED overheat indication. When the red warning LED lights up the halogen modelling lamp shuts off until the head cools down. The flash function is still active.
- Aluminium chassis with fire resistant housing.
- Extremely lightweight, only 2.3 kg, including the 5 m heavy-duty flash cable.
Can be used with 110V or 230V. The correct configuration of modelling lamps and fuse must be applied.
User replaceable plug-in flashtube.